Sunday, July 29, 2007

I got my visa!!!

Last week I made the long awaited 6 hr trip to Chicago. To my surprise the entire visa process was much less complicated than I expected! We parked on the 11th floor of a parking structure (barely found a spot!) and made our way to the plaza on Michigan Ave where the French Consulate was located. On the 37th floor, there were two windows. The really nice french guy calls you up to the window, asks for all your documents, looks over them for about 4 minutes...and tells you to return in an hour and a half to receive your passport back -- with a visa in it!

Seems kind of ridiculous to drive 12 hours in one day, just for THAT, but I was so excited to get this over with and start packing, that I didn't care.

: ) I'm going to France!!!

1 comment:

the vegan otter said...

yaaay!!!! congratulations! :D